Monday, May 30, 2011

Helper Project 1 - Blog 2


Students should be able to identify and name intervals by March 15th
 
Again, as with the first milestone, the majority of the students get it. Some students are still struggling to name their notes but mostly all the students are doing just fine. Over the period between the first milestone and this one, I have worked individually with a few students. The students that already understand this material have worked with me. I personally helped prepare Emilio for a much higher level theory exam, level 7. This requires some more in depth knowledge and I aided him in preparing. His brother is struggling to focus in class. The teacher, Daryl, attempts to get students to focus through voicing his dissatisfaction. This seems to work much of the time but some students are still very hyper. These few students are normally told to go outside of the room and calm down but sometimes I work with these students and tell them what they need to do and what they should be able to do. Daryl also ensures that students stay on track by forcing them to practice a skill that's being taught in front of the class. This mostly guarantees that students will be paying attention as some of them don't want to be called on and some students don't fully understand the material.


Example of multiple names of interavls
Using the circle of 5ths to help find intervals
More examples of intervals

No comments:

Post a Comment